Monday, June 4, 2012

"You found it!!!!"

'...I have learned in whatevver situation I am to be content.....I can do all things through him who gives me strength.' 

We had Jared's sister & her husband (Natalie & Kyle) over for dinner on Saturday night for Kyle's birthday. The Lightning twins made birthday cards for him, and Princess Petunia told him a Happy Birthday knock-knock joke. :-) Anyway, so after supper, the kids wanted to show them the slideshow of our trip to the zoo. *side story* The slideshow was somehow set to Dancing Queen by Abba. Lovely. The kids got a big kick out of Uncle Kyle singing about seventeen jelly beans. ;)


While we watched it (for the 4th time), I noticed Princess Petunia run to the girls room. I followed her, because she looked kind of distressed. I found her crying on the bunk bed saying that she had lost her anklet. She hadn't noticed that it was missing until she saw it in the zoo pictures. She was really distraught because she said that her mom & Nona had given it to her when she came into care. (yes, I started crying with her at that point.) 


We looked all over for that thing. I was praying, God, please, we have got to find this little anklet. The whole family looked all over the house and under the swings and in the van. Could. Not. Find. It. She was fine, still pretty sad but fine. Fast forward to last night after church....


It had just been a very long day, and I was tired and stressed. Kids were grumbling about having to take a shower. Jojo had hit his wall and was screaming. It had just been one of those days. Jared told me to take a break, and he'd get all the kids showered and in bed. Nice, right? When I get stressed, I tend to clean. So I was cleaning the girls' room and praying through everything. As I picked up a sock, I thought I heard a faint jingly sound and....it was Princess Petunia's anklet!!!! I guess she had unknowingly pulled it off when she was taking her socks off. I called her in there and showed it to her, and she screamed and gave me the biggest, longest hug! And yes, I cried again. :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment