Saturday, June 2, 2012

All we need for life and godliness...

'but he said to me, my grace is sufficient for you , for my power is made perfect in weakness.'


I've had moments where I think, what in the world are we doing? We have brought this new little friend into our comfortable, familiar lives with all of her challenges and all of her history. How are we going to do this? How are our kids going to handle this? How can we love this new little friend (however cute she may be) when the feelings aren't there yet? How can we invest so much of ourselves into her little life when we're not promised the end result? And then I am reminded of the cross. Christ faced so much more rejection, hurt, humiliation, questions, doubts, and on and on than we ever will. He's called us to walk in His steps, and He's promised us His presence and power while we walk. 


Anyone who knows me at all knows how attached I am to my routine and my schedule. Princess Petunia has blown that out of the water, and let me tell you....that stretches me! But God has shown me that I am not master of my life, I am a steward of what He gives me. Stewards do not own or control anything....they manage and care for what has been entrusted to them. My reward is ultimately found in serving and pleasing my master, not following my plan. 


*specific prayer request* Princess Petunia has her first visit with mom on Thurs afternoon. A SW will come and take her to her visit and then bring her back. This could understandably rock our little boat here, so just please pray for Princess Petunia and her mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment