Saturday, June 23, 2012

Meeting updates to come, but first....


Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” 

I woke up this morning praying. It was definitely not a holy or inspiring or thankful prayer. It went something like this: 'Lord, I can't do this. I can't. I just can't. I don't have anything in me that wants to do this' And that prayer continued through breakfast, even after my coffee. :) It continued when the kids went outside to play, and I started to do the dishes. 

I pulled up a sermon to listen to, and one of the illustrations caught my attention. David Platt was preaching through Matthew 14, specifically the feeding of the 5000. Platt said it is as though we are surrounded by a multitude of thirsty people, and we're standing in front of Niagara Falls. We have all the resources in the world to meet their needs, not within ourselves, but in Christ. 

It was as though God was saying to me, 'you're right, you can't do this, but I AM.' 

I'm going to be completely real here for a minute. My love for Princess Petunia at this point is only a trickling stream at the best of times. God's love for her is a towering waterfall. My job is not to try and dig deep to somehow muster up more. My job is to remove all the rocks and leaves of sin that would block His love for her to flow through me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment