Tuesday, June 19, 2012

This is where it gets hard(er)...

"'Because he is strong in power not one star is missing' Isaiah 40:26. Why so many stars? To give an inkling of his strength." ~ John Piper


Princess Petunia has a very important meeting coming up this week. Just in the last few days, she has begun to share some things with me that are frankly disturbing. Enough so that Jared wanted me to contact Matthew, which I did this morning. Matthew called back a couple of hours later to let me know that a SW will be coming to talk with Princess Petunia at some point this week. He said that if she were at home, someone would have been sent out immediately. However, since she is in care, we should have a visit within the next five days. 


Sometimes it is almost easy to actually forget the reason that PP is with us. It will almost just seem like Rach has a little friend spending the summer with her. And then PP will come up to me at some random time like when I'm folding laundry and tell me things that just make me want to cry. I obviously can't let her see that, but it is so difficult when that jolt of hard reality hits. 


Please be in prayer for PP and for the SW that will be talking with her. Pray for wisdom, for clarity. Pray that Jared & I will know how best to help our little friend, that we would be able to speak truth to her little heart. Pray also that we'd be able to balance caring for PP and protecting our other children.  

No comments:

Post a Comment