Monday, August 6, 2012

Thoughts from my Rocking Chair

'...To Him who LOVES us...'

*yes, I know I used this verse (or part of a verse) yesterday, but I'm still rolling it around in my mind...HE loves US!*

I was rocking Jojo to sleep at nap time today. I love that time. Rocking a baby has got to be one of the sweetest, most restful things God has given us mommies the privilege of doing. I do some of my best thinking while rocking my babies, then and in the shower. :) Anyway, I was rocking Jojo today, and God brought this thought to my mind: He is stronger than this broken world, and He is sovereign over it. Nothing is going to happen in my day that takes Him by surprise and that He won't strengthen me to handle. These and all the other lessons God is teaching me right now aren't unique to fostering. Fostering is merely the avenue in our lives through which He has chosen to break us and mold us further into His image. 

Our lives right now are hard, but its a good hard if that makes any sense. And selfishly, I want to continue to foster after PP's case is resolved (whenever that may be) if only to be able to stay in this place where I am constantly aware that I am solely dependent upon the grace of God to get through each moment.

1 comment: