Wednesday, August 8, 2012

"I hope I'm here and I hope I'm not"


“I, I am he who comforts you;
    who are you that you are afraid of man who dies,
    of the son of man who is made like grass,
13 and have forgotten the Lord, your Maker,
   who stretched out the heavens
    and laid the foundations of the earth,"

We were sitting at the supper table last night, and out of the blue, Princess Petunia says, 'If I'm not here when Jojo gets big, you have to tell him how we used to play on the bed together, ok? I mean, I hope I'm here and I hope I'm not.' Then she threw up her hands in confusion. It was sweet and sad at the same time as so many, many things about our little situation are. It was also a milestone. Princess Petunia has talked of going home a few times, and every time previously, there's really been no hint of regret. She might have mentioned missing Jojo (who wouldn't? ;) ) but never really said anything about the rest of us. Then last night, she expressed a desire to be with us. I guess that means that we are truly bonding even more with her and she with us. 

In other news, Princess Petunia has mentioned a couple of times that she feels sorry for her younger brother R because he doesn't have any other children in his foster home. Supposedly theres a newborn as well, but I guess that doesn't count. ;) Jared and I have been talking about contacting R's foster parents to schedule a playdate. I've asked Sabrina if that would be okay, so hopefully after our meeting with her on Thursday, we'll be able to do that. 

We're 3 weeks away from our court date, still no ISP scheduled. Is it possible that PP & her brothers will be sent home without even having an ISP? We may just find out....

1 comment:

  1. Little PP just tugs at your heartstrings sometimes and at your patience others...does this little girl not have the weight of her world on her shoulders? Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete