Friday, August 17, 2012

HE is God

'I, I am the Lord, and besides me there is no savior. I declared and saved and proclaimed, when there was no strange god among you; and you are my witnesses, declares the Lord, and I am God. Also henceforth I am he; there is none who can deliver from my hand; I work , and who can turn it back?'

Isn't it SO good to know that we serve the one, living, and true God? There is none other besides Him. He created all things. He formed us and planned our lives, every single moment, from before time began. He created time! He ordains history. He is God. He showers His spirit down among His people. He makes us dwell with Him. He cares for us. As Princess Petunia loves to sing (loudly), 

He's my rock, my sword, my shield. He's my hub in the middle of the wheel. He's the lily of the valley, the bright and morning star. I don't care what people may say; I'm getting down on my knees to pray. And I'm gonna wait, wait right here til Jesus comes. 

Love to all Rock-the-Blockers! :-) 

And if our Abba Father God can cause our sweet Princess Petunia to sing His praises in the midst of all of her confusion and pain and loss, surely, surely, He can take my spoiled, selfish heart and make it break forth in song to Him. 

Princess Petunia is finally fully registered for school! Can I just say that getting her registered for CH Elem was more of an ordeal than getting our other children into Excelsior? Layers upon layers of paperwork and multiple visits to the school office, whew! We're still not completely finished, because we're waiting for her records from her old school to be transferred. When that happens, we'll begin another fun and exciting series of meetings concerning her IEP. Grace for the moment, right? Please be in prayer for us about these. PP's mom claims she is ADHD and needs Adderoll for school. We've seen no evidence of this during her months with us. She is definitely an energetic, busy child but has the ability to calm down, focus on and complete tasks. We're convinced that her 'ADHD' was due to her environment and not reflective of any real disability (or need or whatever the current politically correct term.)  My concern is that simply based on her background and situation, we are in for many, many discussions with the school. Maybe not. Maybe the teachers and counselors will simply agree with us. Who knows? Pray that we would reflect Christ in these meetings, whatever happens. 

We have a play date tonight with PP's brother R and his foster family!!! Princess Petunia is beyond excited and so are we! It turns out that R's foster mom was in our GPS training class and my CPR/first aid class....what a sweet gift from God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment