Friday, July 20, 2012

This is tough...

'to him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. amen'


There's just no other way to describe it. Foster parenting is tough. I feel as though we are on a continuous roller coaster, lots of ups and downs with very few straightaways. Just yesterday, we went from Princess Petunia pushing Noah off the swing because 'he was in her way' to her suggesting that we take cups of cold water to the policemen that were having to work in the hot sun in a matter of an hour. My mommy heart can barely keep up with the crazy range of emotions that each new day brings. Right now, I'm struggling with the call to discipline/teach Princess Petunia the way we do our own children. I find my 'momma bear' fighting to come out whenever she intentionally does something to frustrate or antagonize Noah (or Isaac, but mainly Noah). I find myself on my knees pleading for the same grace and mercy and patience that come (more) easily when Noah does the same things. I have to ask myself, now if the roles were reversed, how would I discipline my own child? That's not easy. 


I told a friend of mine that I feel overwhelmed pretty much all the time with something new and/or different to feel overwhelmed by every day. Yes, this is tough....BUT PRAISE GOD  we are not drowning.


   'we are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.'

1 comment:

  1. This so reminds me of the struggles in my public school classroom (I know, at least they weren't 24-7!). Your self-honesty is one of your greatest attributes, but I would say your thoughts and feelings on this are so normal even for a teacher in the same situations. The Momma Bear is very protective of the victim!

    You are amazing, and the Lord is AMAZING through you!

    ReplyDelete