Wednesday, July 11, 2012

God's timing is always perfect....

"The light of the glory of Christ enables us to live with eternity in view as faithful servants who trust the Word, proclaim Christ, and evaluate our lives based on God's eternal glory and not man's earthly perspective."


The sermon this past Sunday was out of 2 Corinthians 4:1-18, and its sub-title was 'we do not lose heart...' It was one of those sermons that seemed as though it was written just for me at just the right time. Don't you love when God does that? I was, and really still am, weary. Not so much by taking care of Princess Petunia. I've said it many times and it reallly is true: Once you get to 4 children, seriously, whats one or two more? Besides, she continues to provide a sweet spark of energy and craziness to our family and continues to want to please and to want to be a part of our family. It's more all the 'extras' that come along with caring for PP. 


I'm wearied by working with 'the system.' I'm wearied by things like unreliable transportation to/from visits with mom. I'm wearied by all the miles of red tape associated with things that should be easy, such as making a doctor's appointment. I'm wearied by the requests/critiques/suggestions that mom sends through Princess Petunia after each visit or phone call. I'm wearied by just the thought of the big ISP meeting that is still looming out there in the (we hope) near future. And just on and on....


My weaknesses seem to almost be bubbling over every single day. BUT GOD is so gracious and merciful and faithful. He provides just what we need for each day. His power is sufficient to sustain us, just as His power is sufficient to save us. 

2 comments:

  1. Dawn, and GOD is so much bigger than the system. He who called you is faithful. You are her mother for this season, whether long or short. You are in your worker's life, Momma's life, and all the others that come with this journey because Jesus is beautiful through you. Thank you for being real. It's refreshing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thank you for being real! I just hope we didn't sugar coat anything in training, as I really try not to. You know you can always call me for anything! Tara

    ReplyDelete