Friday, July 13, 2012

A little breather...

"return, o my soul, to your rest; for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you"

Jared got home from work early today, handed me his car keys, and said,'go be free.' It was a much needed break. Amazing how much just a couple of hours of quiet can refresh my soul.

We've had a good week. The girls went to a ballet camp in the mornings. We were able to go to their little recital this morning. It was so precious. Jared and I took pictures and video through tears. (well, I was crying anyway.) I was just so happy for Princess Petunia and Rachel. God used this ballet camp to hide a second psalm in PP's heart. I wish I could post the sweet video.

We also got Princess Petunia's vision checked and her glasses ordered. The folks at EyeCare Associates in CH are #1. They were so helpful and understanding of our situation and walked me through things step by step. The six of us spent over an hour there on Wednesday afternoon. The kids were so very patient. An elderly lady stopped by me on her way out and commented, "you have the most well-behaved children I have ever seen. I truly admire what you're doing." I was too overcome with tears to say what I wanted to say to her: Any good you may see in me or my family is not me. It is all God's grace.

God showed me again that afternoon that people are watching and His glory is being shown despite how wearied I may feel....even in waiting rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment