Monday, December 10, 2012

My heart is truly filled to overflowing....


'You have put gladness in my heart, More than when their grain and new wine abound.'


I saw an internet meme making the rounds on Facebook a little while ago. I'll butcher it if I try to quote it. The gist of it was: 'you only think your boyfriend is hot...hot is coming home to find your husband doing the dishes.' I'd like to one-up that little meme. Hot is hearing my very caucasian husband saying 'muy bueno' to our precious little Diego after brushing his teeth.  :-)

The time we have spent with Dora & Diego has been an absolute delight, truly a sweet, albeit chaotic, several days. My heart smiles every time I hear their little, heavily-accented voices excitedly yell, "DADDY!!!" when Jared comes home from work. I wish I could bottle that emotion and sell it. We'd make a fortune!

I know from experience that this fostering journey we are on is not always this joyful. There are some seriously messy and hard times, times that make me want to scream, times that make me wonder if we've made a huge mistake in saying yes. A day like that could be just around the corner....it could be today! I'm just so thankful that God sprinkles in these happy, heart-bursting times to encourage us to keep pressing on, to keep fighting the good fight. It IS worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment