Monday, December 3, 2012

For when I am weak...

'He never promised that the cross would not get heavy,
and the hill would not be hard to climb. 
He never offered our victories without fighting, 
but He said help would always come in time. 
So remember when you're standing in the valley of decision, 
and the adversary says give in, just hold on. 
My Lord will show up, yes!
 And He will take you through the fire again.'

'but He said to me, my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'

Last night it got to me. It wasn't just the fact that we have six children to care for now in our home. (Although unless you're, say, the Duggars, I'd venture to say that that alone is enough to cause a bit of stress.)  All I could see in front of me was this looming mound of responsibilities and obligations that all had to be met. Nothing seemed to be 'optional.' And I just crumbled.

Jared found me in a ball on the floor, crying, praying, and pleading for God's grace. Let me take this opportunity to brag on my husband for a minute. God has showered his grace and mercy upon this man and is forming him into such an incredible, godly husband and father. He is my rock. He is so faithful to lead and protect our family. Anyway, so Jared found me in this borderline panicked state and immediately prayed and reminded me of God's love for us and His gracious sovereignty over our situation. Then, he said that he would take a half day from work today to help get everything done. SO thankful for him! And for his employers that are so gracious and supportive of what God is doing in our family. 

Today is another family court day....a bit unusual that we would have a second one in such a short time, but again Dora & Diego's case is a bit different. 

I just have to share a story from last night. This was our family leaving the church playground: Jared was carrying a screaming Diego; he does not handle any kind of transition really well at all. I was carrying Jojo and 2 diaper bags and had IZ by the hand who was also screaming. He had scraped his foot on the slide. The 3 older children were running ahead of us, racing to the van and acting like hyped up children who had just left a playground. Who should walk out of the church at the same time but our pastor? Ah well... authenticity and transparency are what we're after, right? Pastor David had a good laugh, especially when Jared said, "are you sure you don't want 6?" Then he wished us an awesome night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment