Wednesday, May 30, 2012

And so it begins

We had our very first child brought to us last night just after 8:45. Tara had called earlier yesterday afternoon just after 3:00, and her first words to me were, "This is the call you've been waiting for." I'm not sure that I completely focused on anything else that she said after that. I know that I hastily scrawled some notes down on the first bit of paper that I could find so that I'd have at least some information to share with Jared. Rach & I spent the next hour readying her room and then we waited....


The children could not have been more excited; this was better than Christmas or birthdays for them. We had to keep reminding them to not overwhelm our new little friend, but I'm pretty sure they did anyway. However, I think that having 3 little people just swoop in at the door and whisk Princess Petunia away to play was perhaps the very best welcome we could have hoped to give. The 4 (Jojo was already in bed) of them played and giggled and chatted like they were old friends. No tears, just laughter and running around, well as much running around as Jared & I would allow. 


We had just a glimpse of Princess Petunia's fear when we cut the lights off for the first time. That was quickly remedied with a couple of nightlights. She was out for the night in less than half an hour. I can't begin to imagine the stress of her little day. 




I'm about to awaken little Princess Petunia as she & her brothers have a hearing scheduled for this morning to determine the validity of their being placed in care. If the judge determines that their removal from mom was warranted, Princess Petunia will come back to us. And if not, she & her brothers will go back 'home.' We're praying that the short 12 hours that we've had with her won't be our last. 

1 comment: